Internationally-Acclaimed Business Executive with a Strong Passion for Legitimate Extraordinary Corporate Performance, New Revenue Streams and Explosive Profits Voted and Recognized by Peers (26 corporate and 20 individual) as:
• #1 Female Energy Executive in 2011 – Global • #1 IT Executive in 2010 – Global
• #3 Hero of the Year in 2011 – Canada • Top 3 Women Executives in 2011 – America
• Top 4 Energy Executive in 2011 – Global • Top 9 TurnAround Executive in 2011 – America
- Proven leader with more than 24 years of experience, a sales track record in excess of $2 billion, 24 award recognitions, a network of 12.5M contacts including 135,000 C-level, IT, security, legal and cleantech professionals
- Information security & management expert with a unique ability to conceptualize, forecast, develop, implement and promote technical visions to market — winning 1 personal award, 24 corporate recognitions, host of a radio show airing online and on AM stations nationwide, publishing a newspaper column on data protection, being referenced in books/articles and having launched nine9 products in 10 months @ Oracle & 10 products in 8 months @ Crossroads.
- Successful track record as a business leader, visionary & spoke-person —managed 44 employees, provided consulting services to 120 companies (including 35 Fortune 500 firms) and generated revenues of a minimum of $10M quarterly.
- Co-author of a book on portals & advanced queries management, published articles in various magazines, provided quotes in publications including Happy About Knowing What to Expect in 2007 & 2008 plus BankInfoSecurity, MyTechnologyLawyer and DrunkenData, advising at the United Nations and working on TV and radio shows.
KEY STRENGTHS AND BENEFITS:
- Results-driven marketing and sales leader
- Experienced product evangelist, architect and consultant
- Generated more than 300,000 qualified leads in three months and more than 1,500 new accounts in 18 months
- Instrumental in achieving key agreements totaling $2 billion in sales
- Launched nine products in 10 months, achieved $23.5 million in sales during Oracle Portal’s first year of release and assisted in securing $17.5 million in wireless revenues
- Won 45 new accounts and generated more than $25M in revenues within 18 months at Prism Solutions. Secured $14+M worldwide contracts with 14 large companies
- Performed pre-sales, sales, and consulting activities that led to $20 million in revenues for Platinum
- 15 years of selling, developing, and implementing new software and hardware solutions worldwide, with a focus on data protection, portals, data warehousing and collaboration
- Provided architectural assessments, technological re-modeling and project plans, implementation strategies, cost-savings implementations, product management, and training programs for more than 120 companies, including 35 Fortune 500 firms. Participating in 10+ conferences annually, including events at the United Nations
- Evaluated 130 tools, tested 35 products, and managed projects spanning 1-44 employees
- Architected 14 industry roadmaps, integrating Oracle technology and applications
- “Out-of-the-box” technical problem solver
- Co-authored a book on portals and advanced queries management in 1998 resulting in the joint deployment of MyEureka, the first portal public software offering that still stands as a reference for various training materials
- Reduced operating costs by 35 percent by implementing a data warehouse at Thomson Newspapers
- Reduced operating costs at Nabisco Foods by $5.8 million annually and at GM by $10 million annually
- Coded and managed 5 cyber cafés, 40 award-winning guided selling pages, 40 landing pads, 266 portals, 27 industry forums, 14 My.Oracle.com pages, two analyst portals and more than 800 Web pages on Oracle.com
- Built exclusive partnerships agreements for Sysix resulting in 42 contracts
- Built a worldwide alliance between Oracle and Compaq. Deployed more than 255 joint seminars
- Initiated three strategic corporate initiatives and two partnership programs at Oracle
- Innovative project and product manager responsible for more than 44 technical and sales employees, resulting in $10 million in quarterly profits for Thomson Newspapers National Sales Group
- Built a data management/warehousing consulting company with a team of 20 employees
- Managed a nine-month data warehousing project with 37 specialists at BCBSM
- Executive corporate spokesperson who deployed more than 255 seminars worldwide and hosted 27 international industry forums – managing corporate communications with the press, analysts, partners and customers
- Accomplished speaker who led more than 275 seminars in English and French
ACCOUNTS: CCPEDQ – Nabisco – Commercial Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) – Chase Manhattan Bank – AT&T – Bank of Montreal – Deutsche Bank – JP Morgan/Chase – Visa – Barclays – Fidelity – Cigna – Merrill Lynch – NASDAQ – GM – BMW – Toronto Stock Exchange – Investors Dealer Association (IDA) – Cigna – Merrill Lynch – France Telecom – Fiat – Shell – Texaco – Pfizer – Hewlett Packard – FBI – Sears – Best Buy – UNOCAL – Empirix – Bell Canada – Nike – Campbell – Ford – Coca Cola – British Telecom – GE Toshiba – Nortel – US Air Force – US Navy – US Army – NIST – Transportation & Security Agency – OnRamp – Farm Credit Bureau – Royal Bank – Imperial Oil
PRESS, ANALYSTS & INVESTORS: Jon Toigo @ Toigo Partners, David Hill @ Mesabi Group, Eric Ouellet, Alan Dayley, Anthony Bradley, Mark Nicollett, & John Pescatore @ Gartner, Noel Yuhanna & Khalid Kark @ Forrester, Zeus Kerravala & Sal Capizzi @ Yankee, Giselle Greenwood @ Austin Business Journal, Bill Chapman @ Morgan Stanley, Jonathan Levy & Steve Ledger @ MCF, George Karutz @ Karutz Investments, Lisa Vaas @ eWeek, Dave Simpson @ InfoStor, Illena Armstrong @ SC Magazine, Rich Castagna @ Storage Magazine, Maria Woehr @ Wealth Monitor, Richard Villars & Robert Amatruda @ IDC
TECH INNOVATION NETWORK (TX) - Founding Principal / Interviewing industry leaders about the latest innovation solutions
CORECLEAN GROUP (CA) – CEO, Chief of Information, Strategy & Security / Turned conglomerate profitable at $16.4M in revenue and $800K profits within 3 months with product and executive recognition ; restructured conglomerate, re-incentized employees and re-trained staff to new reporting standards, processes and practices ; increased target clientele, reduced costs, assisted gaining repeated revenues and increased offerings profitability
CROSSSROADS SYSTEMS (CA & TX) – Advisory Board Member – September 2010 to Present / Chief of Information Strategy & Security 2009 – September 2010 / Chief of Market Strategy & Security 2005-2009 – Managed five departments (Corporate Strategy, Corporate Communications, Marketing, Security & Strategic Alliances) resulting in a new corporate strategy called Business Information Assurance (BIA); three acquisitions, quarterly communications with 4,618 subscribers; revenue increases from $20 million to $32.5 million and enhanced market recognition; 24 award recognitions, including “Company of the Year;” reporting directly to the CEO; managed budgets; projects, campaigns and agencies
ORACLE CORPORATION (Redwood Shores, CA) – Director, Worldwide Marketing 2000-2005 – Led worldwide marketing campaigns and solutions for three of the most strategic revenue-growth offerings at Oracle PORTALS; gained more than 1,500 new accounts; launched nine products in 10 months; generated 300,000 qualified leads and $2 billion in sales; developed two partnership programs worldwide (1000+ partners); deployed more than 225 seminars; launched and promoted WebDB, iPortal, Oracle9iAS Portal, FastForward Enterprise Portal, Portal.com, Portal Studio, My.Oracle.com, 9iAS Wireless, and WDK INDUSTRIES; managed technical and business content for 14 industries worldwide; coded five cyber cafés, 40 award-winning guided selling pages, 40 landing pads, 266 portals, 14 My.Oracle.com pages, and more than 800 Web pages on O.com; managed and developed content for 27 industry forums and events; architected 14 industry roadmaps integrating Oracle Technology and e-business applications offerings for aerospace and defense, automotive, communications, education, financial services, healthcare, high-tech, life sciences, manufacturing, retail and CPG, professional services, public services, travel and transportation and utilities OUTSOURCING (E-Business Suite Outsourcing / EBSO); Assisted in the building of a real-time customer portal; tracked customer satisfaction and daily customer success stories; developed relationship with industry analysts to define market strategy; and created 28 Web seminars.
SYSIX TECHNOLOGIES (Los Angeles, CA) – Vice President, Consulting and Data Warehousing 1999-2000 – Directed sales and consulting teams (60 employees); built a DW practice and partnerships with Oracle, Informix, SystemFabrik, Cognos and Informatica; led DW content development, global training and development, pre-sales activities, cold calls, contract negotiations, RFPs, RFIs, readiness assessments, statement work, and accounts management; hands-on development of data architecture, modeling (traditional relational and multi-dimensional using Erwin/Rationale, Discoverer), hardware configuration (HP, IBM), data management (tuning, optimization, performance monitoring, automated synchronization from distributed environments, enterprise standardization) education, project planning (MS), storage management (Oracle, Microsoft, Lawson, BAAN, Informix, Redbrick, Peoplesoft), ETL (Informatica/DataStage, SystemFabrik, Sagent, Acta) and data access (Brio, Cognos, MicroStrategy, MSFT, BusinessObjects); completed joint development and deployment of leading-edge technologies such as LDAP, SOAP & methodologies; managed 23 projects; coded ETML solutions; re-architected data models; and fine-tuned RDBMS (DBA).
PRISM SOLUTIONS (Toronto, Ontario) – Systems Engineer Manager 1997-1999 – Won 45 new accounts and generated more than $25 million in revenue within 18 months; secured funding from 14 companies; co-authored a book; deployed a portal software offering; performed pre- and post-sales activities such as RFPs, demonstrations, statements of work, readiness assessments, technical/business presentations, proofs of concept, architectural corrections, prototype developments, installations, testing, support, training, fine-tuning, and product upgrades; served as technical liaison with key business partners (EDS, Andersen, LGS, NCR, JD Edwards); hands-on working experience with: PWE, PWD, PQM, PWA, FDchart, RDBMS, OODBMS, UNIX, WinNT, DOS, AS/400, MVS, COBOL, Natural, HTML, PCs/Network, Cognos, Informatica, SystemFabrik, Carleton & BusinessObjects tools.
PLATINUM TECHNOLOGY (Arlington, VA) – Senior/DW Consultant 1996-1997 – Reduced operational costs by 15 percent within three months by reconciling B & R data warehouse coding ETLM solutions; integrated legacy data and environments from 18 factories; provided data architecture/DBA consulting services and project lifecycle planning and management; performed product evaluations, data modeling, data quality, ETLM (InfoRefiner),data access (InfoBeacon),metadata management (Reltek repository), reporting/mining, documentation, training, project management, product installations, configurations, and fine-tuning activities integrating legacy environments (Pansophic, SMART, IDMS), client/server applications (B&R, ShopFloor, PQDMS, BLS/BLT Labour) and other sources to provide Web-based integrated end-user access.
PATHFINDER COLLEGE (Toronto, Ontario) – Teacher 1996 – Won “Teacher of the Year” award; lectured 80 graduate-level students on computer science topics such as DBMS and DW concepts, relational and OO development, PowerBuilder, Visual Basic, networking, Novell (CNE/CNA) and Business Experience (Continuation).
BY-COM BILINGUAL COMPUTER COMMUNICATIONS (Toronto) – Owner/CEO/President 1994-1996 – Performed all corporate operational, financing and management activities (business plans, term sheets, P&L); integrated 52 newspapers, three national offices, and 23 local offices’ data migrating HP Intelligent Warehouse to Oracle; developed 200 tables, 68 queries, and 32 daily reports that decreased operating costs by 35 percent and resolved $325,000 in sales compensation discrepancies; delivered data-warehouse and data-management solutions using a combination of Paradox, Delphi, Oracle Reports, Oracle Forms, Oracle Discoverer Oracle Developer2000 on HP/3000/9000/UX; led a team of 44 IT and sales consultants that achieved $10 million in quarterly profits; provided technical reviews, planning, installation, purchasing negotiations, problem resolution, solution development, knowledge transfer, documentation, testing, and management assistance of networks, databases, software, and hardware (Hardware – PCs, Mainframe, printers, fax, networks, etc. – Netware 2.2, 3.12, 4.01 & 4.1 – HP 3000/9000 – UNIX – TCP/IP – IBM & Apple PCs, HP printers, Windows NT – MS Windows – Windows for Workgroups – Freelance – cc Mail).
ONTARIO SECURITIES COMMISSION (Toronto) – Technology Systems Analyst/Engineer 1989-1994 – Gained and deployed high-tech solutions requiring a full understanding of Canadian Securities laws; uncovered technical evidence of financial fraud activities totaling more than $40 million on behalf of the Ministry of Finance in collaboration with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Toronto/Montreal and Vancouver Stock Exchanges; responsible for technical support, computer fraud analysis, programs development (Sentry, SoftSolution, Dbase III/IV, DacEasy, and QA), education, consultation, and troubleshooting for 350 users; minicomputer responsibilities included IBM AS/400/RPG400 backups, data/disaster recovery, programming, and upgrades; performed numerous network installation and maintenance tasks via Netware 3.12 + 4.01, TCP/IP, networking technologies (Token Ring), UNIX, Lantastic, NetwareLite), as well as hardware technical installation and support (AS/400, Compaq, Memorex, IBM and Apple PCs).
FREELANCE – Toronto and Quebec Regions – Consultant 1987-1989 – Handled corporate media, database development, programming, fraud analysis, network installation, secretarial support, and community relations; provided legal assistance and computer technical support. Clients included the Cabinet of the Minister of International Relations Gil Remillard, Toronto Stock Exchange, United Nations Model Conference, French Trade Commission and Consulate, Minister of Energy, Toronto Dominion Bank, Press Gallery of the Legislative Assembly, and Beard Winter (Barristers and Solicitors).
- 2011 : Spanish & Digital Forensics
- 2010 : Security, Forensics and Privacy training – CSI institute
- 2009 : CIO Certification from Value Studio Bootcamp training at Interop
- 2005-2010 : Storage Security, Privacy, Compliance & CSO/CISSP training
- 2008 : Certified Data Management & Data Protection Specialist (Data Management Institute)
- 2005 : M.B.A. classes – Concentration Finance (U.C. Berkeley)
- 2004 – Project Management Certificate (PMI/U.C. Berkeley/LTree) / U.S. & California Income Tax Specialist (H&R Block)
- 2003 – Financial Planning (Stanford), Hypnotherapy (Josie Hadley. Palo Alto Hypnotherapy School) and Reiki (Donna Gaus/SV-Menlo Park Reiki Institute), 2002 Oracle 9i DB & AS update/Real Estate/German (Stanford)/9iAS Portal/Industries & Outsourcing
- 2001 – Oracle Content Management System, 9i Application Server, E-Business Suite
- 2000 – Oracle WebDB 2.0 and OraclePortal 2.2 / 3.0 / Knowledge Management
- 1998 – Web and Java Developer, Learning Tree International – Informix DBA and Application Developer, Informix
- 1996 – B.S., Computer Science equivalence, Foundation International Studies,Chicago
- 1995 – Oracle DBA, Learning Tree International / CNE, Learning Tree International
- 1987 – B.A., International Relations, Glendon College / York University
- 1984 – DEC, (Administrative / Computer Sciences), Petit Seminaire de Quebec
MEMBER OF: Alliance of Technology and Women (ATW) • Austin Association for Executive Women (AEWT) • International Tandem User Group (ITUG) • World Future Society & Silicon Valley Future Salon • Silicon Valley Product Management Association • High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA) • CSO Summit • Silicon Valley Association of Startup Entrepreneurs (SVASE) • The Silicon Valley & Austin Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) • American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS) • American Marketing Association (AMA) • Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) • Data Management Association (DAMA) • Cyber Security Industry Alliance (CSIA) • The Toronto Board of Trade & The Toronto Canadian Club • The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc (IEEE) • The Executive Women Forum (EWF) • Computer Security Institute (CSI) • InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS)
ACTIVE: High Technology Crime Investigation Association, CSO Summit, Austin Association for Executive Women, International Tandem User Group, World Future Society & Silicon Valley Future Salon, American Society for Industrial Marketing, The Toronto Economic Club, The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc., The Executive Women Forum, Computer Security Institute, Foresight Institute, Gerson Lehman Group, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, International Committee for Information Technology Standards, Open Web Application Security Project, CEO Networking, CIO Summit, Gartner CIO Summit, Interop/ Berkley ThortonMay CIOs Group, Calue Studio- CIOs, ComputerWorld & CIO Premier 100 IT Professionals, TASSCC: Associate Member, American Bar Association- Cloud Security Council + IT Infrastructure Security Organization, DHS/SRI Council, SINET, Bay Area Council, and TechExecs.
CURRENT ONLINE ASSOCIATIONS: Worldwide Management Consultants, Blue: The Dallas Blue Business Network, Club ex-Oracle.org, Women 2.0, Credit Card Professionals, Executive Suite, IACSP: International Association for Counterterrorism and Security Professionals, IEEE Conference on Technologies for Homeland Security, Information Security Network, Institute for Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Technologies, RSA Conference, International Information Systems Forensics Association, New York Security Group, OracleExperts, RSA Conference, High Tech Industry Executive Network, L’Executive Club, Link Silicon Valley, LLC., Overachievers Club, Platinum Alumni Network, Society for Computers and Law, Speakers and Panelist, Information Security Week, CISO: Meaningful Metrics, Information Systems Security Association (ISSA), BAileyHoffmanCurcio LLP- Risk Management and Compliance Experts, Technology Leaders Association, Security Regulation, Privacy Professionals, IT Security Expert, Venture Capital, ISACA Professionals, CXO Community (CEO, COO, CKO, CFO, CAO, CVO, CDO, CRO, CLO, CSO, & CTO), Chief Marketing Officer Network, Global Information Security Professionals, Risk Managers, Operational Risk and Regulation, ISO 27000 for Information Security Management, Women Executive’s Talent Network, TechExecs Network: Senior IT Executives Networks, Business Continuity, Information Security Assurance Compliance Management, Information Assurance, The Chief Marketing Officer Group, CMO Executive Network, Open Compliance and Ethics Group (OCEG) GRC Professionals, Institute of Information Security Professionals, Security Podcasts, Alta Associates Executive Women’s Forum- Information Security, Risk Management and Privacy, CompliancEX, Premier IT Professionals, Regulatory Compliance Association, Gartner Symposium/IT Expo, Digital ID World, Wikipedean BLP Editors, CIO Community, Strathmore’s Who’s Who Appointed Membership, and 2010 Universal Who’s Who.
RECENT PERSONAL AWARDS / RECOGNITIONS: 2011 “TurnAround Executive of the Year” and “Women Executive in America”, “Hero of the Year” and “Executive of the Year” – Energy, 2010 MVP & International Stevie IT Executive of the Year Award, 2010 IT Executive of the Award, 2010 Executive Leadership Information Security Award, 2010 American Business Award Finalist Executive of the Year – Computer Software, 2010 American Business Award Finalist Executive of the Year – Information Technology, 2009 Stevie Award Best Executive Award Finalist, 2009 Stevie Award Finalist Product Development/Management Executive of the Year 2009, 2008 Shaping Information Security People Award, 2008 Profiles in Power: Women of Influence, 2008 Computerworld Top 100 IT professionals
INVOLVED WITH ORGANIZATIONS: SINET • US Department of Homeland Security – Stanford Research Institute Technology Council (DHS/SRI) • Institute of Standards in Technology (NIST) • United Nations (UN) / AIT Global • UK House of Lords • American Bar Association • Cylab – Carnegie-Mellon • Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineer (IEEE) • ASIS
BOARD MEMBER OF: FireStorm Expert Council, Crossroads Systems Advisory Board, Nubiquity, Anycko, ByCom, SteelWillow & M-CAT Enterprises